Saving on SNACKS - Bringing snacks from home is the hands-down winner in the cost-affordability contest. If it were me, I'd much rather be eating a muffin from the Jolly Holiday bakery than a breakfast bar from my purse - but the great thing about kids is they don't really care what they're eating, as long as it's something they like! So there's one spot where my family chooses to save money. Here are some of the healthy and heartier snacks we like to bring when traveling into Disneyland (and a few that don't hit the wallet to hard to purchase there):
- Squeezable Fruit Pouches - GoGo Squeeze Organic Squeezable Fruit, approx. $0.83 apiece
- Fruit Leather / Fruit Ropes - Clif Kid Organic Fruit Ropes, approx. $0.77 apiece
- Fruit Crisps - Bare Fruit, Fruit Chips, approx. $1.00 apiece
- Granola Bars - Clif Kid Organic ZBar, approx. $0.77 apiece
- Cheese & Crackers / PB & Crackers - Organic Mini Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers, approx. $2.69 a box
- Kettle Corn - Angie's Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn, mini bags approx. $0.80 apiece
- Trail Mix
- Raisin Boxes
- Fruit Leather - $1.19
- Apple Crisps - $2.99
- Pineapple Spear - $2.99
- Pickle - $2.79 (Why does a Disneyland pickle taste soooo much better than the ones in my fridge?!)
|This is the cream cheese|
pretzel... heaven help us.
Splurging on SNACKS - For my family, buying food, souvenirs, or anything in the park - rather than bringing it from home - is a splurge! In-park snacks are amazing, though. I know you've heard it before, but you really can't beat a Dole Whip! Here are my picks for the tastiest, and more unique in-park "splurge" snacks for my kiddos (and myself):
- Popcorn - $4.00 (easily shared!)
- Mango Slices - $3.69
- Corn on the Cob - $4.99
- Mickey Pretzel - $4.00
- Dole Whip Soft Serve - $3.69 (only 80 calories per serving!)
- (yogurt, sliced apples, carrots, petite banana and Whole-Grain "fish" crackers) - $5.99)
Thanks to TouringPlans.com for the up-to-date Disneyland Resort Menus and pricing!
Read more from Jessica on her blog, Idahome. You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter, or on Instagram.